A Qualified Management Accountant with 30 years of Professional experience in Financial Management, Account & Cost Control in varied and diversified sectors and of which over 6 years+ was at a Professional International Trading Conglomerate at across East Africa (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda & Rwanda). As a Senior Finance professional, I am adept at Core Finance operations like Group Finance &Management Accounting, Financial & Strategic Planning, Costing and Operations, Treasury and Banking, Import and Export, Logistics Support Management, Finance Reporting, Policies & Procedures Compliance and Stake holder relationship management. I am desirous of exploring higher avenues in challenging Senior and Strategic roles as Chief Financial Officer / Group Head (Finance) / Vice President / General Manager / Equivalent Senior Position in International Trading / Manufacturing/Services/ Retail / Oil and IT Sector both in India and Overseas.
My professional experience encompasses a wide range of responsibilities; throughout my career I have been successful in identifying organizational needs and operating performance & profitability. I fully believe in the principles of quality and continuous improvement.
- Head-(Finance and Accounts)-GP Global Uganda Limited, a USD 55 Million Company, subsidiary of GP Global Mauritius Ltd, part of USD 6 billion GP Global Group Enterprise.
- Previous assignment as General Manager (Finance and Accounts) was involved in Complete Accounting, Commercial, Costing, Pricing, Banking and Finance functions for a large diversified group in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania into International trading from China, Thailand, India, Japan etc for Farm Equipment (like Tractors, Harvesters, Power Tillers, Spare parts and other high value equipment-Quality Group Limited Tanzania.
- Successful in arranging and managing Bank Working capital funding along with documentation & reports under Multiple Banking Arrangement (MBA -10 banks) with fund base INR 2400 Million & Non Fund Base INR 1500 Million:-
- Managed PAN India Accounts and Treasury Function at Corporate Office with 6 Branches.
- Pro-actively parked surplus funds in short term Liquid Mutual Funds.
- Assisted in Financial projection preparation for Strategic Investment by Panasonic Japan in Firepro Systems Ltd (A Panasonic Group Company), Bangalore
- Effectively negotiated best interest rates & sanction terms and successfully obtained INR 100 Million for Working Capital from HSBC Bangalore.
- Pro-actively involved in a USD One Million Overseas Direct Investment enhancement in USA Subsidiary (Feb 2010)-Textile Sourcing and Service India Private Limited (TSS Group), Bangalore
- Represented before sales tax authorities and obtained reversal of Order and penalty worth Rs 25 Lakhs.
- Effectively participated and supported the Successful implementation of ERP.-IB Spin in Cheslind Textiles and JD Edwards:-Carbone Lorraine.
- Worked closely with Promoters, Board of Directors in a Company listed on BSE & NSE (India) for 11 years.
- Successfully applied and obtained Terms loans for expansion projects from Financial Institutions.
- Successfully managed Working Capital funding with Consortium Bankers
- Designed and developed an Operating cost sheet for monitoring efficiency of Company Oil tankers.
- Instrumental in streamlining Stores Report and Payroll and assisted in smooth implementation of ERP for stores, payroll Accounts and commercial department-CheslindTextiles Limited
- Handled Due diligence audits at the time of promoters stake sale-Cheslind Textiles Limited and Carbone Lorraine Groupe
- Coordinated effectively Statutory Audits with Big 4 Audit Firms- Deloitte Haskin and Sells, Ernst and Young.
- Successfully introduced the concepts of Budgeting and Job Order costing, Fouress Engineering
- Pro-actively participated in setting up a first time Joint Venture project manufacturing “Thermistors” in India along with setting up the Finance and Accounts department, Thermometrics India (1995 – 1996)
- Successfully managed teams from 3 to 16 persons by setting targets and guiding teams to achieve greater efficiencies and obtain more process and cost productivity and also worked in cross cultural set up.
As a Finance professional, I strongly believe in the 5 C's, 1) Change the Way Finance Functions, 2) Compliances, 3) Continuous Improvements, 4) Consistency, 5) Communication.